The Patient Special evening in June as been postponed until later in the year. Please keep checking the website for further details.
CHANGES TO APPOINTMENTS SYSTEM
We are aware that there has been a lot of dissatisfaction with our current appointments system, particularly the length of time it can take to get a routine appointment if you need to be seen by a clinician.
We have listened to feedback and suggestions from our patients. You have told us that:
- It is difficult to get through on the phone at 8 am
- Appointments have all gone by the time I do get through
- Phones are not being answered quickly enough
- I am not sure what to do if I need to be seen on the same day
- If I have a problem later in the day it can take a long time to be called back
Therefore with effect from Monday 9 May 2016 we will be changing our appointments system and working differently to provide you with a faster and better service.
- Phone lines will be open 8am-12.30pm, but it will no longer be necessary to ring at 8am for an urgent appointment.
- When you call the surgery the Receptionist will ask you for brief details of the problem you wish to discuss as this will help the clinicians to prioritise urgent calls appropriately.
- Whatever time of the morning you ring your details will be added to a queue for a clinician to call back. During this call the clinician will assess your need and if you need to be seen on the same day you will be booked for an appointment.
- There may be multiple other options for you if you do not need to be urgently seen on the same day. These may include: advice over the telephone, a prescription or booking a suitable future appointment.
- Urgent medical calls will still be accepted 2pm-6.30pm and a duty doctor will be available if you have an urgent problem that cannot wait until the following morning.
We hope that your experience will be much better as a result of the change. Your comments and suggestions on the new system would be greatly appreciated