The College Practice - Practice Standards
These are the local standards set within this practice for the benefits of our patients. It is our job to give you treatment and advice. Following discussion with you, you will receive the most appropriate care, given by suitably qualified people.
No treatment will be given without your informed consent. In the interest of your health it is important for you to understand all the information given to you. Please ask questions if you are unsure of anything.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU
We are committed to giving you the best service possible.
People involved in your care will give you their names and ensure that you know how to contact them. The surgery is well signposted and displays names on surgery doors.
We run an appointment system in this practice. You will be given a time at which the doctor or nurse hopes to be able to see you. You should not have to wait more than 30 minutes in the waiting room for any routine appointment without receiving an explanation for the delay.
You will have access to a doctor rapidly in case of emergency. We will arrange a home visit as appropriate for those who are too ill or infirm to be brought to the surgery. Telephone: We will try to answer the telephone promptly and to ensure that there is sufficient staff available to do this. Please be aware that there are difficult times when the telephone is extremely busy, i.e. Monday mornings.
These will only be given to the patient. Due to confidentiality we DO NOT give results to anyone else.
Patients will be treated as individuals and partners in their healthcare, irrespective of their ethnic or religious and cultural beliefs.
Genuine urgent problems will always be dealt with on the same day.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO US
- We ask that you treat the doctors and staff with respect and courtesy.
- Please let us know if you change your name or address and telephone number.
- Please do everything you can to keep an appointment. Tell us as soon as possible if you cannot. To cancel an appointment only, contact (01622) 776911
- We need help too. Please ask for home visits when the patient is too ill to come to the surgery.
- Please keep your telephone call brief and avoid calling during peak morning time for non‑ urgent matters.
- Please allow 48 hours notice for repeat prescriptions and remember that prescription requests cannot be taken over the telephone.
- Test results take time to reach us, do not ring before you have been asked to do so and please leave this type of call until after 2.00pm, if possible.
- Please read our practice booklet and use it as a guide to obtaining the best service from our practice.
- Remember that you are responsible for your own health and the health of your children. We will give you our professional help and advice. Please act upon it.